Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Where's that Elephant?

There was a small panicked moment last night when I thought I was going to have to go buy a White Elephant gift that I need for work today.  As I said on Twitter last night - why, in a house full of crap, can I not find a White Elephant Gift?? Any other month it's all White Elephant all of the time up in here. Buying a White Elephant gift is like cleaning before your house keeper comes.  Not that I have a house keeper, but I imagine it would feel pretty lame to clean before they came.

Finally, I found something that would work.  But this morning, I'm having second thoughts.  White Elephant gift exchanges always make me nervous.  Particularly the ones that are supposed to be tacky. My fear is that my "tacky"gift is something that someone else has 14 of and LOVES and can't understand why I want to give away.  Oh well.  I have no further time to obsess.

If all else bombs, I'm taking a fabulous popcorn cake.  This time with festive Christmas colors.  So there will be that at least.  I don't think it's wrong to redeem oneself with food.  Not at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment