Friday, December 7, 2012

Tonight

Tonight didn't turn out as I'd imagined. Most Friday nights do not, but tonight in particular wasn't even on the map.

Such is life with so many people. So many personalities. So very many cooks in the proverbial kitchen.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. And I know I shouldn't be nearly as upset about it as I am. But I have spent the last 50 minutes holed up in my room fighting back tears.

I'm trying not to give in and just go to bed. If I can make it another two hours, the night can be salvaged and end in a good night. But even that waiting two hours is leaving me salty. The two hours are for others, not me. The two hours could potentially bring with it other bouts of strife.

So, tonight is not for me. It wasn't meant to be for me, I guess, and no one is doing anything differently to prove otherwise.

Safely and quietly I will remain here. Tomorrow will be fresh and bright. I'll begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment