(Madeline's first basketball game. Excuse the blurriness.)
- We are a basketball playing house now. Something that has been more of a time commitment than I thought. But something we've also really enjoyed more than I thought. I'm happy Madeline decided to step out of her comfort zone a bit and try this. It was her idea. I wouldn't have ever even suggested it.
- We are in charge of snack for the first game back in the new year. Seems a little more pressure with this crowd to perform above the typical bag of chips and pretzels. Madeline wants to do something fun. I believe we're dealing with at least one nut allergy on the team so I don't want to chance anything. Any suggestions for fun nut-free sports snacks?
- I need to bake a small batch of something for a work thing next week. Holiday themed and sweet would be best. I have a few extra cans of pumpkin pie filling. Is there anything that can be done with those? And something that can be created and baked in a small amount of time late on a Tuesday night. Not too many criteria, right?
- Still now snow here. Yesterday it was sixty degrees. Yes. While I love the warmer weather. and I'm thankful every day I don't have to drive in bad weather - I miss Christmas snow. This is the second or third year, we haven't had snow leading up to Christmas. In my book, snow has its place for 25 days a year. After that I've no use for it. Mother Nature, you've already wasted four of those days.
- I'm thankful for the commitment to write more often and I hope writing through one of the busiest times of the year sets a trend for me to write more often in the new year. Ultimately this blog is for me, my thoughts, and the history I want to document here. Some day maybe it will be a bit more. But while I'm pressing through for the habit of writing, please know the bar for quality content might not be set all that high.