Monday, October 1, 2012

Reasons Things Are Good Right Now.


~ School is underway and going very well, so far, for everyone.  Madeline's grades rock, Noah's behavior rocks.  Homework is somewhat seemingly less of a nightmare than in years past.  I think we've found our groove.  Things are good in this area. 

~ The kids' activities are bringing me more joy than you would think.  I like that we're busy.  I like that we have to plan things and think about logistics.  Hockey will be starting soon for Max, basketball for Maddie, and ice skating for Noah.  Add this to the dancing and other activities already in place, and our winter is pretty packed.  But we're all looking forward to it.  I didn't have very many activities when I was growing up, so I'm happy we get to do this for our kids. 

~ I got a new (to me) car! I love it.  It is amazing what a nice looking , reliable car can do for your self esteem or your outlook on the daily grind.  It's cute, young, fun, and clean!  I am so very fortunate.  I could not have done it without the help of Josh   We actually got two cars.  He got another car for to and from work which has been a dream on gas and wear and tear on the nice manly fancy care he has.  We are very fortunate.  I, most of all. 

~ Fall is here.  As much as I miss the fantastic summers we have, I do love Halloween, leaf turning, and the anticipation of Winter.  In a few weeks we'll be having our Fourth Annual Halloween Party.  Really looking forward to that once more as well.  

~ Wednesday  I'm cashing on a birthday gift Josh got me.  He is taking me to see Louis CK play Severance Hall.  I'm so looking forward to the laughs, the venue, the night out with Joshua.  Just time.  I'm just looking forward to time. 

~ Unscheduled massages for which you have a gift certificate.  Need I say more? 

~ I am a lucky girl in a lucky family.  I have fantastic kids and a partner who is my best friend whom I love with all my heart.  I know the day to day can get us down, and make us tired and question it all.  But if you can step back and pick out the things that are present for which we can be thankful, it lifts you up and gives you the positive outlook that can propel you for a few more days. And that's all we all really need, isn't it?  Just a few more days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment