Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Six Days.

Today I go back to work, reality, and the world.  Three places I haven't been for the past six days. 

I am shocked at how relaxed, happy and rejuvenated I feel.  I've never felt like this after time off before.  I think the past six days were days well spent.  Days that I used to rest and be calm. 

I originally took the first three days of school off just to be home and available to help with Baby Seth should anyone need an extra set of supplies run to school, or someone else's new morning routine wasn't working out.  I was just planning on being the back up adult at home.  But it wasn't until I requested the time off from work that I realized that those three days ran right into the three day Labor Day weekend.  Thus my week +1 day off of work was born. 

The beginning of school has went smoothly and has been largely stress free.  So, I got some Baby Seth bonding time and hung out with Marie for three days.  We talked, and yaked, and watched trashy TV.  I was able to drive my kids to school all three days and Noah was even able to ride the bus home on Friday for the first time; something he's not ever done before because I'm at work.  One afternoon, I took a nap, Friday I watched my nephew for a few hours, and I went grocery shopping at 9 in the morning on a Thursday.  Have you ever?  This stay at home mom stuff really has its perks! 

My free three days rolled into the weekend.  Saturday morning I picked up Gram and we ran some errands. Saturday night Josh and I went out to dinner to The Cheesecake Factory and stopped for a night cap at The Winking Lizard.  We had so much fun.  It was a night we needed together and with each other for a very long time.  

Sunday started at a slow leisurely pace which was fine by me.  Late afternoon, we headed out for some errands and food.  We came home and cooked and watched the race after the little kids had been put to bed.  

Oh! Something else I did this weekend.  I played video games.  Yes me!  What?  Was I so relaxed and happy and delirious that I just gave in to Josh's request and played?  I don't know.  But I know that he and I played a lot of Portal 2 together - a game he completed long ago with Max - and I laughed and had fun.  And have already found myself looking forward to when time permits we're able to play again. 

Yesterday was your obligatory cook out with the family, minus a few members who were at work and a few others who were travelling.  But fun was had by all.  And I was very aware of the relaxed feeling I had sitting on the back deck with an adult beverage.  Kids and Papa were in the pool.  Josh, Marie, Candice and Eric and I were chatting on the deck.  Music was playing, kids were laughing.  It was a great end to a great weekend and dare I say summer. 

I don't typically post these summary of my life posts, but this weekend and few days before were so good, so sanity giving that I want to be able to remember them.  I want to remember in the busy, stressful holidays coming up, that this feeling can be achieved and to savor it when it happens. 

Here's to a fantastic week ahead as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment