Saturday, August 18, 2012

New Year.

I ran Madeline and Noah up to their school last night to check out the teacher postings.  What a bust! Madeline doesn't know who her teacher is, and Noah's hasn't been hired yet.

I've got Noah pretty on board and excited with the thought of a "Mystery Teacher", hopefully Mystery Teacher doesn't let him down.  I need Mystery Teacher to totally live up to the mysterious personality I have set forth here. 

Madeline does not recognize the name of her teacher at all.  I suggested that maybe one of the teachers had a wedding over the summer.  And while she admits that one of the 4th grade teachers was going to marry, she's pretty certain that this is just a new mean boring teacher.  It can't possibly be a happy teacher that she is familiar with.  

But other than that, we're ready.  We are ready to take on fourth grade and second grade by storm!  I hope that the excitement lasts for them.  If we could get to Thanksgiving break still feeling this happy, open, and excited by school, I would call it a success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment