Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's Coming.

This weekend coming up is the weekend from hell.  I've mentioned it before.  And everything that I had mentioned still holds true as well as the fairly new additional of Noah's Round Robin tournament held that same weekend.  I guess I'm a softball newbie, because I thought that those tournaments were at the end of the season, not in the middle. 

It will work out.  I have the help of most of my family members trying to make this a successful weekend.  I will be here Saturday, it's Sunday, the busiest day that I'm having fits about it I think about it too long.  Madeline's recital (not to mention birthday), Noah's possible Round Robin game (which we won't know about until late Saturday night). It's stressful to prepare for, but I'm making a dent in many to do lists. 

I'm only gone from Sunday to Tuesday afternoon, but I feel like I'm missing so much.  Like I'm missing out on a huge chunk of summer.  

I suppose a major part of it is just your average mommy guilt.  But I know that not going on this business trip would be professional suicide.  Perhaps next year, if asked, I will be in a position to say no as I've gone once before.  But this year that wasn't the case. It will all work out.  It will be a successful trip for me and a successful weekend for the kids.  

At the very least, I was able to have a conversation with Madeline about going that didn't result in her bursting into tears. 

Progress made, I'd say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment