Monday, January 23, 2012

Running Down a Dream.

I ran 2.09 miles this morning.  In the dark.  In the rain. In the wind.  Considering it's the middle of January in NE OH, that weather is positively dreamy.  I'm really proud of myself.  I'm really happy with how I feel right now.  And though it's only an hour later, I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's run.  And there will be a run tomorrow!

I suppose this could be just like any other time and in a few months I'll look back on this post and be embarrassed or mad or depressed.  That's a risk I'm taking right now though because I actually  want to shout from the rooftops how well I want to do with this.  Because this time feels different.  This time I feel more committed, more excited, more ready. 

I read last week that being publicly accountable will help you stay on track and be successful with a healthy lifestyle change.  So here we are, my blog and I've made a few mentions on FB about what I'm trying to do.  Also I've told family and extended family as well.  We'll see how this approach works.  I haven't tried being so vocal about what I was doing before, so maybe it could work. 

I'm doing this for me. My confidence, my health, myself. 
I'm doing this for my kids.  I want to be around to aggravate them for a long, long time. I want to be a good example  to them. 
I'm doing this for Joshua. I want him to think his lady is hot. 
I'm doing this for our home.  I want to have the energy to keep it clean and kept with projects completed. 
I'm doing this because I am in a wedding in a year and a half.  I don't want to be the fat bridesmaid. 
I'm doing this for Gram.  She will be proud.  She is encouraging when I try to do well. 
I'm doing this because we have a pool.  I want to utilize my own back yard. 

No one ever said our goals had to be reasonable or sane.  If fun goals get me through, then maybe I'll have fun with the work. 

I know I am nowhere near the experience level of a runner to experience what they call runner's high.  But I am experiencing something positive right now after getting out there.  Something I'm pretty damn proud of and something that I'm already craving more of.  I think that is a jog in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment