Monday, December 5, 2011

Speaking about Sunday.

Yesterday was an odd mix of a day, but I'll take it.

The morning was lazy.  Spent on the couch with my iPad, in front of the Christmas tree and fire.  Very cozy.  Very relaxing.  So relaxing, that I moved to the bedroom to catch up on some recorded trashy TV when I got a text from Marie saying she did in fact want to cash in on her birthday lunch. So I kicked it into gear and got ready.

We went to Bar Louie.  It was here I experienced my first po' boy sandwich.  Oh my. Heaven in my mouth.  I got the blackened shrimp version with the spiciest creamiest remoulade.  Amazing.  I would go back any time for that.  We also made it finally to Charming Charlie.  A co-worker told me about this store a year ago.  I am so far I finally made it.  I will be returning often.  That was the most fun shopping I have has in a long time.  And even though this time of year shouldn't be about shopping for one's self.  One did in fact get some very cute things for one.

Later we we to a mall I hadn't been to before. I'm so glad we did.  The clothes, the stores, the people watching.  The availability of items.  So much more fun shopping there than our Mall Of The Suburbs.  Boo.
we had some laughs as we always do, and it was great time to just be away from kids and boys.

Yes, the underlying drama is still there.  The drama bubbling at the surface.  We spent a lot of time talking about that and it was good to be able to vent to one another and bounce ideas off of each other.  Again, this is a situation that will be life changing in so many ways for so many family members.  I'm not at liberty to speak of it here yet, but once I am - well, you'll probably wish I hadn't.

Ok - so even after all of that talking and shopping and walking and carrying on, we still had one more stop.  Josh had planned for everyone to meet at The Liz for dinner.  So that group included Marie and I, Max and Austin, Eric and Candice.  Noah eventually made his way up there as well when my brother dropped him from his outing to downtown.  It was a great way to round out the evening.  I was still stuffed from my freaking fantastic lunch, so it was just a cup of soup and some Christmas Ale for me.

The day ended on a more positive note than I imagined it would.  Some conversations were had and decisions reached regarding the drama later on in the evening.  Pleasant? Awesome? Dream come true?  Nope, not any of those things.  But I think we're on the cusp of the beginning of the first part of the path to making things worth.  To acting sanely and to moving forward. To being okay.

Yesterday was more than okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment