Friday, September 2, 2011

I Have a Blog?

It would appear that Summer is not a good time to have a blog.

Summer is time for living.  And while I had hoped to document some of the living I've been doing, it seems that the living has even gotten in the way of the documenting.  But I do want to try to catch up.  For records' sake.  For memories' sake.  For the sake of some day showing my kids - look even though you think I'm awful and mean now - we did have fun once.

Summer for our house probably began with the beginning and end of recital weekend.  Madeline (along with Julie and Austin) danced her heart out for two performances on that Sunday in June.  She performed in ballet, tap, hip-hop, and the finale number.  She was phenomenal.  She made me cry.  She made me proud.  It was a magical, special, day.  One that I am already looking forward to repeating next June when she's be performing ballet, jazz, tap, hip-hop, and the finale. 

Also this summer I started a new job.  Same company, different position.  It's the end of the summer now and I"m still trying to find my bearings.  I'm still trying to decide if the correct decisions were made.  But for now: head down and try my best. 

For six Monday nights this summer, I also participated in a Zumba class.  Life changing!  Loved it.  So much fun, and I really did see results.  I hope to return for a winter class if at all possible.  Fall's not going to happen, but I'm hopeful to start back after the holidays. 

This post can't even be as long as I need it to be to capture this summer, but I did want to let my blog know that it still has a mama. ;)  Still to come, hopefully, our trip to Hocking Hills, our weekend fires, swims, and cook-outs.  There's a lot to document for our busy house. And I don't want to forget any of it ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment